Oratory Maths in Ritangle 2023 Competition
Last term, Oratory Maths entered a team into MEI's Ritangle Competition, a maths competition designed for 6th Form students who are currently studying either A level Mathematics, The International Baccalaureate, Scottish Highers or qualifications with equivalent content.
We are delighted to announce that the results are now in and that The Oratory team received a ‘Highly Commended’. The team members are as follows:
- U6th Form: M. Briffett, J. Bradley, J. Ford (Captain).
- L6th Form: R. Chi, J. Jiang, E. Zheng.
- 5th Form: Y. Gakhar, Y. Kang.
The competition was challenging and divided into three stages:
- Stage 1: A series of 20 questions released individually in October and November. Solving each question reveals a clue to a code.
- Stage 2: 8 more questions released in one go in December. Again revealing a clue to the code. Then if you can solve a code this grants you access to stage 3.
- Stage 3: An horrendously difficult question and only 1 week from release of stage 2 to solve. Lots of possible solutions, with the best solution submitted being the winner.
"Out of the 1,200 teams that entered, just 153 school teams submitted correct answers to be part of the Stage 3 tasks, demonstrating clear understanding of the complex world of Jamboree Pairings and gaining the 'Highly Commended' accolade. Well done to all students involved, we're very proud of you." Mr Richard Ford, Head of Oratory Maths
MEI (Mathematics in Education and Industry) is an independent educational charity and curriculum development body for mathematics education in the United Kingdom. Income generated through its work is used to support the teaching and learning of mathematics.